Hoss & Brown Engineers is seeking a highly motivated Mechanical and Electrical (ME) Engineer to work in the Washington, D.C./Arlington Area.
This role involves:
- Technical design and preparation of construction documents (drawings and specifications) for new buildings and/or renovations.
- Preparing, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring of assigned engineering projects.
- Interacting with clients, interpreting their needs and requirements, and representing them in the field.
- Performing quality control tasks and reporting on the project’s status.
- Cooperating and communicating with other project participants and collaborating with senior engineers to create more efficient project methods.
- Developing specifications for the project’s needed equipment.
- Ensuring the project’s compliance with the applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards and specifications.
- Identifying and solving problems in building plans, prototypes and structures.
- Reading, interpreting and explaining complex technical documents.
- Training and mentoring are provided.
- A degree in Architectural Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, with HVAC/Controls experience is preferred.
- 1-3 years of commercial ME Building Design experience is preferred, including experience with HVAC Controls, electrical systems design, HVAC load calcs and design, and Hydronic systems design.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Residence in the Washington, DC/Arlington Area.
- U.S. citizenship is required by government contract
- Company paid Medical, Short & Long-term disability insurance
- Employee paid Dental & Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401K w/ company match
- Generous vacation, sick time, holiday
- Eligible for quarterly bonus after six months employment
Please submit the following documents:
- Sample of technical work or writing
- Unofficial transcript